background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Worthy?

Making the commitment to read your Bible and really spend time with the Lord every day is hard! I know it shouldn't be, but I honestly tend to let life get in the way:( Bad I know! Ugh! But, I am really trying to put the Lord FIRST in my life!
Today I started by sitting at Sweet Eugene's again, eating a delicious crepe and drinking a cup of coffee, while spending time with the Lord. Still reading thru Exodus, it is a rough book to get thru!
This morning I was finishing up the part where Moses is up on the mountain talking to God and He (God) is telling Moses specifics of how He wants His alters made and tables and lamps etc. Really hard to get thru since they use measurments like a cubit (spl?) and ephaph, which I have NO idea what those equal out to be! However, after getting thru that, you get to the part where the Israilites, who by the way had just witnessed God in many ways, decide they can't trust Moses or his "God" and want Aaron to make them a god to worship! I'm sorry but WHAT!! You witnessed the plagues befalling Egypt, you witnessed Manna from heaven! You witnessed water turn from bitter to sweet for you, you witnessed no water to water coming out of a rock cause Moses hit it with his staff. You witnessed God in a cloud of smoke talking to Moses! And now you want to say "Yea I'm just not really sure about this "God" (insert sarcastic tone)"
And Aaron, Moses's brother, who was front row and center for all of the spectacular works that were done, gathered gold and fashioned a golden calf for these idiots!
Ok deep breath, calming down:)
Besides the annoying people in this story who are well just plain idiots:) I really did get something from reading this. If God can forgive Aaron and his sinful deeds, If Got can forgive Moses and what he had done in his past, then I find comfort in knowing that my past sin is forgiven, and He can find me Worthy of His love!
Amazing to know that before Christ in my life there was NOTHING I could do, no good deed would even compare to a sinless life. Nothing could take away the depravity of my sinful nature. But now, because Christ gave His life for us, and not only died but rose again! Conquered death! And became the ultimate sacrifice for you and I! I am now considered WORTHY!!
Are you worthy? Have you thought about what that means? It is an incredible feeling, and I hope and pray you know this feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment