background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

BIG THINGS!!

Ok guys!! So if you read this, then you know I have been waiting to announce something Big!
First, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have supported me through this, the prayers, the donations etc!  It has been amazing to see the outpouring of love, compassion and support not only for myself and family but for the Ministry we are going to serve in!  I am now officially OVER halfway to my goal of $4500! This has all happened since February!! I still have 4 months before I leave!  I am just so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with this opportunity to share my faith, and for giving me opportunities here as I prepare to take this journey.  Please continue to keep myself, my family, my team and the Kenyan people in your prayers!
Ok, here comes the BIG news!
About a month and a half ago Jenny (my team leader and co worker) had a dream.  She dreamed of starting a Non Profit organization funding small ministries in Africa.  She was so excited and wanted to tell someone immediately, but the Lord held her back.  He told her to wait for a week.  Once she was ok with that and a week passed, she was eagerly ready to 'Spill the beans' once more...the Lord said wait one more month.  She waited.  The month finally passed and she pulled me aside and told me her dream, and from that dream Imani Ministries was born!
I have said before that Missions have been on my heart for a long time, I had a dream of being a full time Missionary but have known this dream is an impossible one with my blended family.  I have a peace with that and just asked that the Lord show me how He wants me to be involved with missions, whether that be frequent trips out of the country or just supporting missions etc.
When Jenny came to me I about fell over!  It was exactly what I had been praying for!
We have a LONG hard road, and we are trying to stay grounded, trying to hold back to make sure we are taking care of EVERY aspect of this Ministry so that it is successful and glorifies the Lord!
I will go into more detail very soon, but basically it involves in the beginning, an online boutique selling Clothes, Shoes, Jewelry etc from the different regions in Africa.
The first Ministry we intend to support is Jason and Kari Segner.  An AMAZING couple whose heart's are for the Lord.  They know the Lord is calling them to move their family, which includes themselves and their 4 young children, to Jinju Uganda in Africa.
I have spoken about Kari a few times in my blog.  Her and her family mean the world to me, they are such examples of Faith and living their life fully for Christ.
Please be in prayer for the team we have working with Jenny and I on making this "Dream" become reality.  I cannot stress enough the difficulty we will face starting this. But know that this is the Lord's calling and because of this He will get us through it!
Thank you all for your continued support!  I will be posting more on how to become involved and support Jason and Kari, and Imani Ministries and what that will mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment