background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Calling

I haven't blogged in a while.  Like I said in the beginning, I am not a writer:) So for me it is hard to find inspiration to write a whole blog post about my day to day life.  However, today I am inspired!
Jenny, my team leader, went to Haiti on a short notice trip that the Lord placed on her heart this last week.  Her pictures are heartbreaking but encouraging at the same time. 
Heartbreaking to see the children in the rags they run around in, the tent camps instead of housing, the total chaos that these people live in day to day. 
Encouraging because there are people who are taking time out of their lives, who don't live this way, who live a life of "luxury" at least in the Haitians eyes, to come and love on them!  And not just to Haiti, this devastation is everywhere.  Even in America.  To see people who care about those less fortunate, is to see the hands and feet of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Some of you know, well I'm sure all who are reading this now know:)  I have had a heart for missions for several years.  Its been stronger at times than others, and I kind of pushed it aside when I was in rebellion from the Father.  But it is something that consumes me now!  I feel Him speaking into my life constantly!
There are some big things happening right now. 
One thing I have always said was that I would LOVE to be a full time missionary, but I did not take the chosen path for my life.  I went astray and took my own path, which led to destruction and utter chaos in my life.  The Lord has graciously forgiven my sins and become number one in my life.  I am listening to Him and His calling.  And He is still willing to bless me incredibly in this life! 
Well, I have known that I can't be a full time missionary for a long time.  Especially with a "blended" family.  There is no way either myself or my husband feel led to leave our children here while we go.  However, the Lord has opened a door for me to be apart of Missions in a BIG way but not have to live overseas!  I am not going to announce it just yet, but big news is coming!  I am soo excited in the way the Lord has used people in my life, and hobbies etc for His ultimate Good!
The first thing that is happening, is my photography "business" is now a Not for Profit.  Meaning, I only take donations right now, and I mean donations towards the Missions.  As soon as my mission trip is paid for, I will continue to donate the money to missions.  I am so excited about this!
I am blessed to have a full time job, and one that I absolutely LOVE!! The Lord has poured out His love on me and my family.  And honestly, I was getting tired of charging a set fee for what I considered my art.  I like being able to take pictures of children, families, anyone really and not have it be a business.  I love to do it, and I don't want to ever feel differently about it!
Ok this is getting long winded, I'm sure it won't be long before you see another post from me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment