background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Supply List

I began my day by meeting up with Jenny and sharing coffee and time with the Lord.  We have started reading Colossians.  I love Paul, I love the way he speaks!  He tells us that we pray to God for the Holy Spirit to work in our lives because Christ died for us!  We also studied this same passage this weekend with a few other friends, and my friend Krista pointed that out to me, that all 3 of the God head were used in Chapter 1.  Pretty cool:)  I love also how in the end of chapter one, to me he is basically saying, I have so much energy I am struggling with it!  Do you ever feel that way?  Lately I know Jenny and I have.  There are so many things we have to get done in a day, but during the day, while its happening we have energy!! Its pretty awesome!
 The mission trip is now fast arriving! 98 days till we leave!! I am getting so excited!
With the approaching deadline, I now have a list of items that we would like to be able to donate to REAL 4 Christ ministries.  Some of you may not be able to donate financially and I totally get that! But there is another way to make a difference!  The supply list I have may seem like every day items to you, but to the people in Mombasa, or even more specifically Mbewau Academy (the school we will be at), these items are a rare and precious commodity!  Things like children Tylenol!  It is so sad, we take it for granted that we can stop off at the nearest Walgreens, or even gas station and pick up a bottle!  For them, its like liquid gold!  Help me help them!
If you have any of the items on this list and would like to donate them, please let me know, I really want to be able to take as much of these things over as possible!
Thank you guys for all your support!



Supply List: Mission Mombasa 2011


Medical Supplies

·      Bandages
·      Gauze
·      Medical tape
·      Asprin (adult and children)
·      Tylenol (adult, children and infant)
·      Benydral (adult and children)
·      Pepto Bismol (Adult and children)
·      Vitamins (all varieties, including pre natal)
·      Anti-itch cream or spray
·      Nasal decongestant
·      Bandaids
·      Neosporin
·      Tums
·      Gloves
* Anything medical is always beneficial, if not on this list it can still be used, so do not turn donations away


Children Supplies

·      Diapers (cloth)
o   Diaper Safety pins
·      Pedialyte
·      Formula
·      Baby bottles
·      Baby food (plastic containers)
·      Baby wipes

Hygiene Bags

·      Washcloths
·      Small hand towels
·      Bars of soap
o   (Remove from packaging and pack bars together in Ziploc bags)
·      Anti septic wipes
·      Finger nail clippers




Children’s Ministry

·      Coloring Books
·      Soccer balls (deflated with air pumps)
·      Full Size Soccer nets
·      Frisbees
·      Jump Ropes
·      Bubbles with wands
o   (Please do not donate BIG bubble container, it is too heavy for travel)
·      Small toys
·      Crayons
·      Pencils
·      Pencil Sharpeners
·      Paper
·      Construction Paper
·      Stickers
·      Candy (LOTS!)
o   (No mints or cinnamon flavor)
·      Games (ex: dominos, jacks)

Miscellaneous

·      Insect repellant
·      Hand Sanitizer
·      Iodine Caplets (purify water)
·      Ziploc bags (of all sizes)
·      Any kind of easy to do crafts for children from ages 3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment