background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Closer than I think!

So a lot has been going on!  My best friend and Co Worker, Rebecca, worked her last day yesterday!  Maternity leave starts TODAY!  Her beautiful bundle of joy will be joining the world tomorrow afternoon and I am ECSTATIC!  Cannot wait to hold him!  But, this also leaves me with more responsibility at work!  EEK!  I'm totally up for it though, so glad I can be here for her!
So I've got that going, plus I am trying to plan fundraising events and just preparing myself and my family (extended and immediate) for my departure. 
I got all the information on shots needed, and thank you Lord!  My Dr's office actually has a travel Dr in it!  I was telling Chris about it at the dinner table last night, and Reagan pipes in, "WHAT SHOTS!" I would like to add that she has a completely healthy, normal and sane aversion to shots that she has inherited from me! Lol!  I explained that the shots were for me and that they were to prevent me from catching any diseases.  She then says "Sooo they're like a forcefield!" to which I reply "huh??" and she explains "A force field keeps bad things from getting in, you know like aliens and stuff, so the shots are like a force field because they won't let bad diseases get in your body! I mean force fields aren't real, but thats what shots are like!"
I just love the way she thinks:)  She is getting more and more used to the idea, and I think this will be so good to teach her about helping others, and I hope it instills in her a heart for missions!

Right now I need your help though!  Some of the girls who work at Sweet Memories (thank you Jackie Tinnell for asking them!!) have offered to donate baked goods to sell for fund raising!  Soo, I need a place to have a bake sale!  I have also had other people offer things to sell as well, so I am thinking it will be a bake sale/garage sale!  If anyone knows of a place please please let me know!  I am wanting to do something within the next month.  I have to have at least $2605 raised by April in order to pay for the plane ticket, which means the time for raising funds is NOW! LOL! 
Thank you for any help you can provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment