background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

KENYA HERE I COME!!!

Oh my goodness!! Today is the day I leave to drive to Houston to meet up with the mission team! We fly out early tomorrow morning! There are so many many emotions going on this journey!
My human side is zoo nervous, my stomach is in KNOTS! I am leaving my kiddos and hubby for 2 1/2 weeks!! So many unexpected things have happened just in this last week to make me worry, but I am CHOOSING to trust in the Lord! He has NEVER let me down and I know He won't this time either. I know my children will be well taken care of, I know my husband will be given the strength to handle it with out me, and I am amazingly blessed to have a job where everyone I work with will be praying for me and have already been such an amazing encouragement! Blessed is an understatement!
I am so thankful to have such a close relationship with Jenny, she has helped me prepare for this trip in more ways than you could ever imagine! She even came over to help me pack! Took me to walmart today so that we could pick up a few things I had forgotten, and just in general has been a rock for me!
I am even more thankful for my husband, Chris, without his support and encouragement this would not be happening. He is so good to tell me how proud of me he is, to remind me of his love for me, and to be the spiritual leader in our home encouraging me with scripture! I am more than blessed to have him as a husband.
Thank you to all of my family and friends, not only for your monetary support, but for your spiritual support! Your prayers are coveted more than ever before! Thank you to those who have put yourself on the "LIST" to be contacted in case Chris needs anything, seriously amazing people in my life!

As I am gone and as I have prepared for this journey, I have kept close to my heart

Colossians 2:2 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,

This summarizes our reason for being, for every move I make. I pray to live out those words daily!
As I travel please pray not only for my physical health and wellness, but for my spiritual health, pray that I continue to show Christ in everything I do, that it is the fore front of my mind, and if nothing else the lost in Kenya see our team and say "I want what they have!" Pray that our team impacts lives daily!!

Keep looking for my blog! I will be posting, and I will be putting pics as well!! I can't wait to come home and tell you all about it!!

Love in Christ

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment