background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Fears and Prayers

I have so many things that I want to say, but I'm not sure how to articulate them!  I do not claim to be a writer by any means, so bare with me:)
So many things have happened in the last few days. 
The Lord blessed me with a donation towards the Mission He is sending me on! Just one more confirmation of His Will for me. 
With this donation I am now 100% in, I have paid my deposit and then some, no turning back!

Turning back.  That has been the theme running thru my head these last few days. 
I said in an earlier post that I needed prayer for the impending attack's from Satan.  This is how it is manifesting:  My mind has been racing with all of the things that could go wrong!  I have never been on a plane larger than a 16 seater, and that was to and from South Carolina.  That's it!  And now I have committed to a 30 hour plane ride over the ocean!! AAAAKKK!!! I am scared!  Hearing about the hospital in Kenya scares me!  Just thinking about what if I got sick or broke a limb or something horrible and I was stuck in a 3rd world hospital! My mind is being attacked! I am horribly afraid of shots, and there are a couple of them I have to get and I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna feel good! (that one is petty but a serious fear nonetheless!)
FEAR!
This is how Satan is invading. 
My prayer is for a peace and calm over all of my fears.  I ask that all who read this, if you could just say a quick prayer for myself and my family, for peace, provision, and trust in Him.  If you could at least say one prayer for us, I would be so grateful.  If you could remember us daily in your prayers, I would be so grateful.  However you choose to remember us, I will be grateful, because the power He has given us as believers in prayer is amazing!
Pray that I will continue to prepare my heart and my mind for the Mission ahead.  That I will remember what Christ did for me and remind myself that this is nothing compared to the sacrifice my Lord gave when He took the FULL cup of God's wrath for me and for you the moment He died on that roman cross.
My fears are slowly fading, as I bring them to God.  He is faithful to provide us with the things we need. 
Don't let me confuse you though, I am soo excited about this trip! Those are the bad things, but here are some good things!
I am so excited to see the children's faces as they sing praises to the Lord!  I am so excited to be able to share the Word of God with those who do not know Him!  I am so excited that HE has given me the opportunity to go to the nations proclaiming His name!  I am excited to see another country that God created.  This trip is a blessing not a burden.  I tell you my fears so that you will know how to pray for me, but I also tell you my joy so that you will know how to praise with me! 
I cannot wait to take pictures, I cannot wait to see what the Lord has planned for this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    You are going to do awesome! I went to Swaziland, South Africa about 4 years ago to do mission work and it changed my life. The plane ride is a little on the longish side but it is well worth the amazing experiences you will have in Africa. Those folks over there have nothing and yet they are so filled with love and grace, it is just a beautiful thing to witness.

    ReplyDelete