background

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Pot Roast...

Man have things changed around here since my last post.  I have felt the need to write, but hit a road block...
Are my thoughts worth reading?
I feel like I have NOTHING to say and everything to say at the same time!
I'm a little all over the place at the moment...

I have decided to change my outlook.  So here are a few things that have happened since my December post...

-I am now nearly 14 weeks PREGNANT!!! Whoop!!  #6 on the way!!


-I am no longer working for Healing Faith...But don't get me wrong!! I am still a HUGE advocate for them and will continue to do whatever I can to promote, love on, and be a part of this amazing ministry!!!  The Lord just showed us different plans were clearly under way!
-I am full time photographer!! Wow!!  So excited about this, and about the Lord allowing me to use my gift as a way to help support our family, and work from home so that I can be the mom I need to be!

Those are the BIG things!  And they are really BIG!!!

But for me, while these changes are clearly the Lord working things in our lives, change is hard!  These things bring me joy to think about, but they also bring stress.

January and February tend to be the slowest months of the year for my photography business, because we live in Texas and the weather is BLAH during these months.  Because of this, not only did I have a ton changes, I had a lot of nothing going on...

If you know me, you know that I am super social, I THRIVE on friendships and people!  I love nothing more than to sit and talk and hear how your day is going, how your life is going...
It seemed during this time, that I took a step back, and just did NOTHING.  UGH!!

Have you ever been in that place in your life?  Have you ever just felt like someone else?

I am sure a lot of this came from the early stages of pregnancy.
I haven't gotten sick much, like at all, a few bouts of queasiness, but other than that nothing.
My body is very clearly changing though, I am exhausted AND my favorite morning drink coffee... MAKES ME SICK!!!  Like I hate the smell, the thought of tasting it makes me want to gag, and right now I'm feeling a little sick just writing about it...
I am also not a fan of any Coke's (I'm from Texas that means sodas of all kinds lol!), or even TEA!  So my daily intake of fluids consists of Spark (for the caffeine so that I can function, and if you don't know what it is, ask me!!!), and lots of water!  Which is fabulous and totally fine with me, much better for me than any of that other junk!

But what I have found the most stressful, is learning how to be a housewife.

I have always had multiple jobs.  Not 9-5 out of the home jobs.  But I have always either had an out of the home job and several entrepreneurial jobs, or even multiple at home jobs, to where I still didn't feel like I was an actual housewife.  I was in front of my computer sometimes at my desk, for most of the day like a normal office job...my office just happened to be at home.
But right now, I have ONE job.  Which is FABULOUS! However, I feel like a housewife/stay at home mom, more than ever now!

My struggles have become:
-Finding a routine
-NOT going back to sleep after dropping the kids off and waking up once they arrive home from school! lol!
-Trying to meet my own expectations of myself that I feel like my husband would want (he has NEVER expressed expectations, and is pretty much perfect when it comes to a supportive and loving hubby)
-Finding the time to be with the Lord, which you would think would be easy, I'm at home right?  It's crazy how satan can use even the most flexible of schedules against you!!!

So in that, I decided I needed to write some of my struggles down.
This blog is going to change a bit.  It may even change in name...Kennedy is helping me thing of possible names;)  "Mommy's are Fun" is a top contender;)

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on names, feel free to share!!

For now...I'll leave you with a teaser...tomorrow I will be posting about my Sunday Pot Roast and how it turned out, and how I made it!!!  Be on the lookout!!


No comments:

Post a Comment