background

Monday, August 5, 2013

July 14th

Today we woke up prepared for church.
We were so blessed to be able to attend Acacia Community Church, which has become the Segner's Ugandan home church.  The worship was led by an incredible team of Ugandans.  It was so touching, beautiful and worshipful.  I cried for joy as I worshipped the incredible God we serve!
Pastor Terry rose and began delivering the message out of 2nd Peter.  His words were so profound and his teaching was encouraging...yet convicting.  There were 2 testimonies and both were powerful.
Before the message began, something else I enjoyed was the invitation for prayer requests.  There must have been 100+ people and several just stood up and spoke their requests for the congregation to hear.  I was also proud of my dad for standing to ask prayer for Healing Faith and the malaria program.
We then prayed together and the prayer was ended by Katie Davis (if you don't know who she is look at www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com)
During the service dad all of the sudden felt very ill and broke out into cold sweats.
Jason took him to the car, gave him some electrolytes and he was thankfully a little better.

After service half went back to the house and half went to get lunch.  For lunch we had Samosas.  They were AMAZING!  They are basically a triangle shaped egg roll with meat and veggies...sooo good!

Once lunch was over we rested a bit.  Around 2 we headed to Welcome Home Orphanage.

We all went into different classes and played with the kids!
I found myself attached to a little girl named Marta!
She wouldn't let me put her down!  I was swinging her and at one point Pierce went out of my sight so I said "I'll be right back" and when I got back she had big tears!
Then I tried to set her down to grab Pierce and she was not having that!  <3!  She is probably 2.5 years, maybe 3, adorbs!!
But about 10 minutes before we left, she all the sudden got down and ran off!  Thank the Lord because I don't know how I would've said goodbye!

We left and headed straight to Surjios!  The best pizza in Jinja!  I got my stoney's fix X2! Lol!  Ate my Veggie Pizza and it felt great!
After that we headed back to our guest house.

We all met upstairs in the guys room since the festival (like a carnival/concert/frat part, which happened to be across the street!) was still going on and was SOOOOOO loud!
Jessica led us in a time of worship and we once again had a great time of reflection.
Once we were done we all went back to our rooms.
For some reason Tressie and I were wide awake and we dragged Pam into our conversation;) Lol!  It was 9:30pm...then all of the sudden it was 1am!!
The Lord knew what he was doing when He put us as roommates;)  Love them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment