background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mission Mombasa

Hey!!
I thought, since I devoted a whole blog post to Imani, I need to do the same for my trip! I do not want to take away from the importance of this trip!
I am gearing up and finalizing items to go on a silent auction right now, super excited! One of my favorite things on there is a cake made by Stephanie Bowling from Cake Junkie! She is awesome! If you have seen the cake Reagan had at her bday party a few years back (the purple and pink one with butterflies, two layers), you can see just how talented she is! And that was a couple of years ago! And they don't just look good, they taste AMAZING!! She made our wedding cakes too, and I heard about how good the cakes were for a while!
If you have anything you would like to donate to the auction, please email me to let me know! Or if you have junk lying around I WILL be having a garage sale May 7th (I have announced so now I must do it! lol!), and I will be taking donations for stuff to sell, all proceeds go to the trip!
I am so close, as you can see from my counter!

Another fund raiser we are doing is a Profit Share with Froyoyo! Wednesday May 4th from 8-10pm, if you go to enjoy a delicious frozen yogurt and mention Mission Mombasa, they will donate 25% of the sales to the team! So please go enjoy some Froyo May 4th!!!

I know I said that I wasn't going to begin taking donations for the Ministry bag till later, but I was thinking about this, and I don't want anyone to think they can't donate now!
Some things some of my friends are doing are picking up a bottle of tylenol or motrin every time they go to the store, or I would suggest if you are at Target, pick up a soccer ball, hobby lobby, pick up an extra craft or two while getting your own kiddos one, these little things can add up quickly and won't seem like such a huge deal if you buy them gradually! Also please know, if you can't store things to let me know! I will come get them from you!! I am so excited to be able to provide supplies to these missionaries and the children they are supporting!
Thank you again for all of the support you have given me!! Please continue to pray for me, the team, the missionaries, and the Kenyan people!

Supply List: Mission Mombasa 2011


Medical Supplies

• Bandages
• Gauze
• Medical tape
• Asprin (adult and children)
• Tylenol (adult, children and infant)
• Benydral (adult and children)
• Pepto Bismol (Adult and children)
• Vitamins (all varieties, including pre natal)
• Anti-itch cream or spray
• Nasal decongestant
• Bandaids
• Neosporin
• Tums
• Gloves
* Anything medical is always beneficial, if not on this list it can still be used, so do not turn donations away


Children Supplies

• Diapers (cloth)
o Diaper Safety pins
• Pedialyte
• Formula
• Baby bottles
• Baby food (plastic containers)
• Baby wipes

Hygiene Bags

• Washcloths
• Small hand towels
• Bars of soap
o (Remove from packaging and pack bars together in Ziploc bags)
• Anti septic wipes
• Finger nail clippers




Children’s Ministry

• Coloring Books
• Soccer balls (deflated with air pumps)
• Full Size Soccer nets
• Frisbees
• Jump Ropes
• Bubbles with wands
o (Please do not donate BIG bubble container, it is too heavy for travel)
• Small toys
• Crayons
• Pencils
• Pencil Sharpeners
• Paper
• Construction Paper
• Stickers
• Candy (LOTS!)
o (No mints or cinnamon flavor)
• Games (ex: dominos, jacks)

Miscellaneous

• Insect repellant
• Hand Sanitizer
• Iodine Caplets (purify water)
• Ziploc bags (of all sizes)
• Any kind of easy to do crafts for children from ages 3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment