background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's all happening! LOL!

The title is a joke, I keep saying that every time something good happens with Imani, and every time I say it I think of the movie Almost Famous, totally not the same, but its funny none the less! (to me anyway!)

So much has been going on! Imani has started up lighting fast! When its the Lord's timing, it is HIS timing!! I mean we are a corporation, we can take donations as a non profit and we are planning our first BIG event!! Crazy!
So our biggest challenge right now is to get that 501c3 filed. We are able to go ahead and take donations as a non profit because it is retroactive from the date of formation of the corporation, which means as of April 8th we can take donations. We have to file for our 501c3 within 27months, of course we want to do it within the next 2 weeks! Once that is filed and comes back, the flood gates will open!! There are so many things we will be able to do! I am so excited to be able to be apart of this, so blessed by the Lord.
So, your wondering, whats stopping us from filing, well it is the $850 it takes, we just don't have that, we had to spend some to set up our corporation etc. So now we have a goal. We need to raise $600 within the next 2 weeks. That is our fervent prayer, and we know will come to pass. We can see the Lord's blessing and leading thru this. One way we will be doing this, is the selling of the Ugandan beads. The ones Kari gave us.
At our last meeting we expressed concern for this issue and her and Jason both told us to use those beads to raise the money needed! What a blessing they are! So excited the Lord has chosen to use them for His good!
Soo, tonight I am going to be taking a picture of each and every one of those necklaces/bracelets! I will be posting them on Facebook and you will be able to choose the specific one you want! I thought about just posting a few pics and saying you get what you get, but each one is so beautiful and unique that it deserves to be hand chosen and admired, as we are by Christ!
We even have some bracelets that are child size!! My girls adore them!! Perfect Easter gifts, and don't forget Mother's day is coming up!!
Oh and we will also have a booth at the Run 4 Change 5k coming up May 1st and our logo will be on the back of their t-shirts!! Soo excited about that!
If you don't know what that is, go to my FB page and sign up to run!!! It's for a great cause!!

I don't want to forget about my trip, it is soo important! I know the Lord has huge blessings in store for myself, the team and the Kenyan people! If you haven't gotten a chance to look at the supply list, please do! Obviously I want to wait a little longer before I start collecting, but if you need to get rid of stuff now and can't wait, bring it!! I will most certainly hold on to it for you!
Continued prayers please, for the trip and Imani!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment