background

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 6

On day 6 we took the girls to visit a local orphanage!  It is one that I have been to many times, and always recognize a few of the sweet little ones.  It is always bittersweet to see them there.  Bitter because they are still there, and sweet because I love getting to see their sweet faces and hug them and give them a little love.
Reagan really loved getting to hold all the sweet little ones, and it was good for her to see this side of things.  At first she was really happy and playing with the kids, but then I started to see a few faces she made and was wondering what her thoughts were.

Later that evening as we were getting ready for bed, we had a talk about her day.  I asked how she felt about the day, and her response was... "At first I was really happy that they had a fun place to play, and I was having fun getting to hold the babies and play with them, but then I realized that this wasn't where they just got to play, this is where they lived...and it made me really sad."
This was the response I hoped for.  I wanted her to see not only the beauty of this place but the heartbreaking reality of it as well.

I was able to see Oscar as well, Oscar has a condition known as hydrocephaly and he has been there for at least the past 2 years, a little longer actually.  He has always held a place in my heart:)  Enjoy a couple of pictures!!


The girls learned a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment