background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blessed...

For the most part my blog is about my ministry in life, and lately I have been really bad at that, busy is an understatement for my life as of lately!
But today, I wanted to get a little personal.
Yesterday was the 4th of July, Independence Day.  And for us we were so blessed that Chris and I were both off of work for the day and got to spend it as a family out at my dad's house.  The day was relaxing and so much fun!  There were water balloon fights, redneck snorkeling (that is, Chris went snorkeling in the pond!), riding lawn mower wagon rides, and fireworks galore!  It was a fabulous day!
I forgot my camera at home (GASP!!), and for some of the night I was sick that I did that, but then at the same time, I was able to better enjoy my family because I wasn't glued to my camera!  I have these amazing memories of playing with my family, and that will be with me forever.
I tend to be a very sentimental person, and with my departure to Uganda right around the corner, I am even more so!  Yesterday I cherished every moment with my kids, and as the moon rose and firecrackers were popping, kids were laughing and I was feeling very blessed.  I love my family, and I thank the Lord He blessed me so incredibly.  He has been so faithful even when I wasn't, blessed me when I didn't even begin to deserve it.  I am so thankful I am given the chance to serve Him.
I am blessed to work for our church, and family comes first, right under God:)  We were of course given off for the 4th, and then Pastor Will told us he wanted us to have off Thursday as well.  What great timing!  This is giving me a little extra time to cuddle and play with my girlies!! And gives me extra time to get everything ready for my trip.
Today we woke up at 9 (sleeping in for us!), and instead of doing our normal rush rush to get out the door, we just took our time.  I made Egg's Nest (for those that don't know what this is, you should!!  Make a hole in a piece of bread, put some butter on a pan, put your bread and bread hole on the pan crack an egg in the hole and turn to cook thru, add some cheese on top to make it even better!! YUMMMO!!!), then we set up the kiddie pool and splashed!!  We ended our play time with some trampoline jumping:)  I wanted to play with my kids, so often they ask and I tell them, later sweetie mommy is tired.  But lately, I have really been convicted to actually play with them, so thats what I am doing!
We came inside, made yummy grilled cheese, and sat down to watch....STAR WARS!  Yep, thats right! LOL!  I love the movies, and the girls were pretty entranced, until Matti asked to go watch her movie in her room, to which I obliged in the hopes of her actually falling asleep, naps are necessary in my household!

These moments are the ones I love creating.  These are the moments my children will remember.  I hope so at least.  I hope they forget about my less than perfect mommy moments, and remember those moments when I truly tried to be the best mother I can be.
Reagan has agreed to write in a journal to tell me about her everyday while I'm gone.  I love seeing what a beautiful little women she is turning into.  Her love for the Lord is so precious, I love teaching her about missions and why I do them.
And Matti, she has such empathy and love for others.  Those who children would normally shy away from she goes out of her way to make friends with.  I was telling my sister about this one day, and Matti heard me and she chimed in, "Because everyone is beautiful mommy!" awe!  Melt my heart!  I think Matti will end up being my missionary, I think the Lord has given her this heart to love everyone for a purpose, and I love nurturing her.
Kennedy is my firecracker!  She is charismatic and loves life!  She has a way of making you laugh like no other!
Blessed does not even begin to explain my life.

Now, a few words about my ministry:)  I am leaving on Monday, for two weeks to Uganda.  I am so excited to visit my dear friends the Segners.  The Lord has big plans for this team.  Please be praying for us as we travel and as we are there.  I will update as much as I can while there, and you can also check out our team blog at www.missionuganda2012.blogspot.com
If you would like to make any last minute donations towards our team, you are more than welcome to, just visit www.imani-africa.com or find me! :)
Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment