background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Faith in Him

When I began this journey, the first thing I had reservations about was...ding ding ding! You got it! Money! As I'm sure are the first thing most people worry about! But I resolved to give it to Him, I knew that I would be surprised at each donation and excited and in AWE of the Lord's provision!
I cannot wait to be in Kenya! I cannot wait to get to play with the children, and teach them about Christ's love! To teach them what Faith actually means! To give hope to some who have lost that!


To walk with them to their homes, see how they live, and pray with them. I cannot wait to talk to the random person walking along the road about what Christ did for them when He died on that Roman Cross, and then miraculously rose 3 days later! I cannot wait to see the way the Lord will work in me and thru me, the blessings I will receive and give will not be able to be described!
I am still struggling with the thought of leaving my family for 2 weeks with little to no communication. It's SCARY!! I have never left my children anywhere near that long! And my husband either! I know that will be a challenge, but at the same time, I kwo the Lord has called me to something greater than myself, and therefore I will be able to endure it.
My children will be well taken care of with some of our amazing family members volunteering their time and homes to be able to help Chris while I'm gone, so I have a peace about that.
The other fear is the plane ride! I've never been on anything larger than a 16 seater! LOL! Just a few things to be praying about for me!!
Thank you to all of you who have been in prayer for myself, the team and the people of Kenya, and thank you for your continued prayers!
I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment